The XL2 Analyzer forms the unique combination of a state-of-the-art Sound Level Meter, a comprehensive Acoustic Analyzer as well as a powerful Audio Analyzer. The wide range of functions are tailored for challenging applications in sound installations, evacuation systems, live sound events, noise monitoring, building acoustics, occupational health and manufacturing quality control.
Besides being an advanced, integrating Sound Level Meter, the XL2 measures RTARTARTA and FFT high-resolution spectra, RTRT60 Reverberation Time, Polarity, Delay and THD+N. Optional features are speech intelligibility STISTI PA, extended acoustics functions, cinema calibration, pass/fail analysis and remote measurement acquisition. The Type Approval Option upgrades the instrument to the XL2-TATA, a type approved sound level meter.
Data and audio is logged onto the SD card for transfer to your PC. Free reporting tools are available for download.
Installed Sound, Life Safety Systems, Community Noise, Live Sound, Industrial and Aerospace, Building Acoustics, Quality Control
The M2230 Measure microphone is 48 V phantom powered and includes an electronic data sheet. The Automated Sensor Detection (ASD) of the XL2 Analyzer automatically reads this data, i.e. the microphone model and calibration data. This promotes faster setup and ensures accurate measurements.
- Sound Level Meter Standards
- IEC 61672, IEC 60651, IEC 60804
- China: GB/T 3785:2010, GB/T 3241, GB 3096-2008, GB 50526, GB-T_4959-1995
- Germany: DIN 15905-5, DIN 45645-2, optional: DIN 45645-1
- Japan: JIS C1509-1:2005, JIS C 1513 class 1, JIS C 1514 class 0
- Switzerland: SLV
- UK: BS6698, BS5969
- US: ANSI S1.4, ANSI S1.43, ANSI S1.11-2004 class 1
- SPL actual, Leq, Lmin, Lmax, LCpeak
- Gliding LAeq with selectable time window from five seconds to one hour
- All measurement results simultaneously available
- Correction value measurement wizard
- Noise exposure level LEX with post-processing
- Logging all data or subsets in selectable intervals
- Recording of wav-files (ADPCM), a new wav-file starts every 12 hours (max. wav-file size 512 MB)
- Recording of voice notes
- Monitoring of sound levels that exceed limits
- Digital I/O interface for external peripherals control
Real-Time Analyzer RTA
- 1/1 octave band display: 8 Hz - 16 kHz; sub ranges 8 Hz - 4 kHz or 31.5 Hz - 16 kHz displayed with A/Z broadband levels at one glance
- 1/3 octave band display: 6.3 Hz - 20 kHz sub ranges 6.3 Hz - 8 kHz or 20 Hz - 20 kHz displayed with A/Z broadband levels at one glance
- Level resolution: 0.1 dB
- Measurement Units: Volt, dBu, dBV and dBSPL
- Band pass filters (base 2) conform with IEC 61260:2014 class 1 & ANSI S1.11-2004 type 1 for the frequency bands 16 Hz and above
- Wide band levels simultaneously
- Frequency weighting: X-Curve in accordance with
- ISO 2969
- Capturing of a single reading into the internal memory for comparative measurements